DUBUQUE, IA, September 7, 2021 - The Community Health Quality Recognition (CHQR) badges recognize Health Center Program awardees and look-alikes (LALs) that have made notable quality improvement achievements in the areas of access, quality, health equity, and health information technology for the most recent UDS reporting period. In addition, COVID-19 badges were introduced to recognize health centers’ contributions to the public health emergency response in the areas of data collection, testing, and vaccinations.
Crescent Community Health Center (Crescent) was awarded the Silver Health Center Quality Leader, Access Enhancer, Health Disparities Reducer, COVID-19 Data Reporter and Patient Centered Medial Home badges. Below is further detail on each badge:
- Health Center Quality Leaders achieve the best overall clinical quality measure (CQM) performance among all health centers. They are recognized in the following tiers: Gold (top 10%), Silver (top 11-20%), or Bronze top (21-30%).
- Access Enhancer: Recognize health centers that increase the total number of patients they serve and the number of patients who receive at least one comprehensive service (mental health, substance abuse, vision, dental, and/or enabling) by at least 5%.
- Health Disparities Reducer: Recognize health centers that:
- Meet or exceed Healthy People (HP) goals in the areas of low birth weight, hypertension, or uncontrolled diabetes for at least one racial/ethnic minority group.
- Demonstrate at least a 10% improvement in the areas of low birth weight, hypertension, or uncontrolled diabetes for at least one racial/ethnic group.
- COVID-19 Data Reporter: Recognizes health centers that supported data for public health emergencies with response rates of 90% or more to the weekly Health Center COVID-19 Survey from April 10, 2020 to July 2, 2021.
- Patient Centered Medical Home Recognition (PCMH): Recognizes health centers with PCMH recognition in one or more delivery sites.
“I would like to thank the entire Crescent team for their hard work in ensuring Crescent’s continued high-quality care and accessibility, which ultimately led to these nationally recognized awards,” said Gary Collins, Chief Executive Officer. “Crescent never ceases to amaze me. The staff is incredibly dedicated to serving our community and fulfilling our mission, and these awards really speak to that.”