Grievance Procedure

As we aspire to provide high-quality, respectful, and affordable medical, dental, and behavioral health care to improve the health and well-being of our community we want to make sure you are aware of how you can voice a concern and/or grievance. 

Informal Concern or Feedback:

  • You may provide information or feedback that you want Crescent Community Health Center (CCHC) to be aware of but is not an expression of dissatisfaction in care/services provided. 
    • Example: Notification and/or clarification of confusing signage or wording
  • Please report this information or feedback to any CCHC staff member

​Formal Grievance/Concern:

  • You may report an incident, complaint, grievance and/or concern related to the care and/or services received from your provider or a member of the CCHC staff verbally or written. 
    • Example: Disrespectful or rude behavior by member(s) of the care team.
  • A formal grievance or concern should include but is not limited to the name(s) of those involved, date, time, location, any witnesses, and a detailed account of the incident or concern. 
  • You may request a formal complaint form from a front desk staff member or department supervisor/manager, or you may download the form below
  • Please follow the steps below to address your issue. DO NOT continue to the next step after your concern has been resolved.
  • Step 1: 
    • Address your concern directly with the provider/staff involved with the incident/concern.
  • Step 2: 
    • Address your concern with the provider or staff member’s department manager
  • Step 3:
    • Address your concern with CCHC’s Director of Strategy and Compliance
    • Phone: (563) 690-2873
    • Email
  • Step 4: 
    • If your concern is not addressed to your satisfaction by the above staff members, you may submit an appeal with the Patient & Family Advisory Council
    • Phone: (563) 690-2884
  • Step 5: (External)
    • If all of the above attempts to resolve the concern have not been satisfactory, you may submit a report with the Iowa Department of Inspections & Appeals: Health Facilities Division
    • Lucas State Office Building; Des Moines, IA 50319
    • Phone: (515) 281-4115 or (877) 686-0027

All grievances should be reported no later than 60 days after the incident or concern occurred. You can expect a response from CCHC staff within seven days from the date of your initial report.  Please allow 30 days from the date of an appeal to the Patient & Family Advisory Council for a response. CCHC is not responsible for any direct response to a report made to the Iowa Department of Inspections and Appeals.