WHAT CAN THE PACIFIC ISLANDER HEALTH PROJECT DO FOR ME?
To engage, educate, and empower the Compact of Free Association (COFA) migrants in achieving and maintaining health and well-being by working to remove barriers and to assist in accessing needed resources. COFA migrants come from three independent countries: the Republic of the Marshall Islands (RMI), the Federated States of Micronesia (FSM), and the Republic of Palau.
WHO WE ARE?
Our team is made up of two community health workers, a community health nurse and community health social worker.
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- Translation (Marshallese, Pohnpeian and Kosraean)
- Assistance with cost of medications and co-pays
- Passport renewal
- Healthcare education
- Health insurance assistance and applications
- Pharmacy collaboration
- Healthcare system navigation
- Referrals to community resources
QUESTIONS? WE ARE HERE TO HELP.
Watch our video below to learn about diabetes and insulin injection in Marshallese.