Staff Nurse - RN
Role: Assists in the delivery of primary health care services and client care management in a fast-paced office setting. Ensure safe and appropriate assessment, screening, processing and referral of the patient or caller inquiring via the phone or walk-in triage system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs all duties according to CCHC mission and values.
- Greets and rooms patients in a friendly, respectful manner. Introduces her/himself and provider.
- Obtains and records patient’s vitals, update the patient’s medical history, medications and allergies.
- Screens patients for preventative health needs and documents all screening information electronically in chart in an accurate, thorough and timely manner.
- Prepares and administers injections as ordered per provider and standing orders.
- Draws, labels, records and completes lab orders for in-house and contact lab in a timely manner.
- Prepares patients in exam room for the exam, treatment or procedure.
- Cleans and sterilizes all equipment and exam rooms items according to OSHA and blood borne pathogen protocols.
- Distribute educational materials and resources to the patient as directed by the provider.
- Assists the provider by reviewing patient charts and identifying any gaps in care and outstanding orders according to best practice guidelines.
- Assists the provider in ordering necessary imaging and referral coordination. Ensures that all required paperwork is completed.
- Assists patient with scheduling for follow-up appointments.
- Communicate test results to patient as directed by the provider.
- According to policy #01-09 Triage Policy, performs triage functions and assessments for walk-in and call-in patients.
- According to policy #01-09 Triage Policy Assists in appointing patients needing to be seen the same or next day or authorizing/expediting acute care/ER visits if needed.
- According to requirements and access in policy # 41-17 Management of the Medical Appointment System Assists with scheduling patients needing same day or next day appointment.
- Assists with nurse only visits (blood pressure checks, injections, TB skin tests/read, etc.).
- Assists patients and providers in filling out paperwork (FMLA, ST disability, job restrictions, DHS, home health services, DME, Quitline, work releases, etc.).
- Conducts a daily review of ED or inpatient hospital visits/discharges to coordinate discharge instructions and schedule patient follow-up visit to CCHC.
- Medication refills as indicated per Crescent policies.
- Clarifies medication orders with providers as needed.
- Assists with wound care or other procedures per provider preference/guidelines and standing orders.
- Provides education and resources for disease states and identified barriers.
- Reviews patient charts for gaps in care, needed follow-up and outstanding orders.
- Maintain a safe, clean, efficient and welcoming environment for patients and staff.
- Perform routine clerical, reception and medical records tasks as needed.
- Respond to urgent or emergent needs of the patient/
- Provides referral coordination as needed and tracks referrals ordered by providers/
- Successful completion of initial and biennial competency assessments.
- Participate in huddles, pre-visit planning, and team meetings
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a RN/
- Iowa nursing or Nurse Practitioner license.
- BLS certification.
- Experience with quality improvement practices.
- Minimum of one year experience working in an ambulatory office setting
To apply please submit resumes to Human Resources, resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
Pre-employment drug testing and background check required.