Family Practice Physician
Role: Under the general supervision of the Medical Director and in collaboration with other members of the Medical Care Team, the physician provides the medical delivery of primary care services to patients at Crescent Community Health Center. The physician participates in all care team activities and is an integral part of the delivery of medical and adjunct services to patients.
- Understands and implements the mission, vision and values statements of CCHC.
- Demonstrates a caring and compassionate attitude when interacting with patients and staff.
- Provides primary care services to patients within the parameters of the Iowa license, Medical Director approved scope of practice and BPHC scope of practice.
- Provides cross coverage with other clinicians in the practice when the other clinicians are not present.
- There are no “call” expectations at this time.
- Maintain productivity established by the CCHC annual budget.
- Completes accurate and timely documentation of the patient visit or other patient interaction.
- Develops and maintains a professional medical environment in which medical provider staff retains independent judgment and responsibility within their individual scope of practice.
- Provides leadership and motivates medical department members to design and implement clinical quality improvement activities.
- Completes CCHC mandated training (ICD-10, etc.)
- Follows all ethical guidelines and federal, state and local laws and ordinances and policies of CCHC.
- Handles confidential information within the definitions of federal and state law and CCHC policies.
Performance Improvement Functions:
- Participates in performance improvement processes as established by CCHC, the Joint Commission, UDS, CMS, NCQA or the BPHC.
- Reviews and responds to patient complaints in conjunction with the Executive Director.
- MD or DO degree from an accredited medical school.
- Current Iowa medical license in primary care, internal medicine, emergency medicine or primary care specialty. Board eligibility or certification, if required.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in an ambulatory care setting preferred.
To apply please submit resumes to Human Resources, resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
Pre-employment drug testing and background check required.