Role: Performs professional, high quality dental care, preventive care and restorative care to clients of all ages with maximum concern for client comfort, treatment, and respect.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs oral examinations using x-ray and other special equipment. Diagnoses and treats dental and oral disease. Performs restorations, extractions, prophylactic and other dental work as indicated. Achieves productivity standards as determined by supervisor.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles, standard practice methods and techniques of general dentistry, preventive dentistry, and educational methodologies utilized in prevention.
- Performs dental operations and treats mouth diseases; refers clients per protocols; confers with physicians regarding medical/dental problems.
- Keeps clinical and other records regarding services provided, supplies and materials used.
- Uses all available resources for diagnosis and treatment in an appropriate and cost efficient manner.
- Participates in development of dental policies, procedures, dental records, and quality improvement plan.
- Participates in professional education for self to maintain the highest level of expertise.
- Maintains good relationships with other professionals within the community.
- Available for on call coverage to triage after hours calls.
Experience: One-year experience preferred
Education: DDS or DMD. Graduate of accredited school of dentistry.
- Unrestricted dental license to practice Dentistry in the state of Iowa
- CPR/BLS certified
- Iowa DPS and DEA registrations
Requirements: Must be able to meet credentialing, and privileging requirements and demonstrate ability to use electronic dental records and other computer software
To apply please submit resumes to Human Resources, resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
Pre-employment drug testing and background check required.