Role: Assists in the delivery of primary health care services and client care management in a fast-paced office setting. Under the supervision of the medical provider, participates in providing health promotion, health maintenance and illness management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare patients for provider office visit, greet and escort patient to the exam room.
- Obtain patient’s vitals, update the patient’s medical history, medications and allergies.
- Document all screening information electronically in chart in an accurate, thorough and timely manner.
- Prepare and administer injections as ordered per provider and standing orders.
- Perform office lab procedures accurately and timely.
- Draws, labels, records and completes lab orders for in-house and contact lab in a timely manner.
- Prepare patient in exam room for the exam, treatment or procedure.
- Clean and sterilize all equipment and exam room items according to OSHA and blood born pathogen protocols.
- Distribute educational materials and resources to the patient as directed by the provider.
- Assists the provider by reviewing patient charts and identifying any gaps in care and outstanding orders according to best practice guidelines.
- Assist the provider with ordering necessary imaging referral coordination.
- Assists patient with scheduling for follow-up appointments.
- Communicate test results to patient as directed by the provider.
- Maintain a safe, clean, efficient and welcoming environment for patients and staff.
- Perform routine clerical, reception and medical records tasks as needed.
- Respond to urgent or emergent needs of the patient.
- Successful completion of initial and biennial competency assessments.
- Participate in huddles, pre-visit planning, and team meetings.
- Will work under the direct supervision of the Lead RN in the care team assigned to.
- Scheduling medical appointments.
- Successful completion of initial and biennial competency assessments
Education and Experience: Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program and current certification required. A minimum of two years’ prior experience in a medical office setting preferred.
To apply please submit resumes to Human Resources, resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
Pre-employment drug testing and background check required.
- 18,765 Clinic Visits in 2018
- 6,373 Patients Served in 2018
- 1,555 Children Served in 2018
- 200 Veterans Served in 2018
View more of our impact.