Advanced Practice Nurse Practitioner
Role: Work within a collaborative medical department team to provide team-based, specialized and advanced direct and indirect medical care to patients of all ages, newborn to elderly.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all job functions according to the mission and values of CCHC.
- Provide direct medical care collaboratively with the supervising physician, medical assistant, nurse, radiologic technician, pharmacist and care coordinator; including but not limited to: obtaining histories, physical exams, ordering and interpreting appropriate lab and x-ray studies, establishing diagnosis, initiating treatment plan and following up on treatment.
- Deliver care to patients throughout all stages of life.
- Provide patient education to promote wellness and support disease management process.
- Prescribe and dispense medications.
- Document accurately all assessments, interventions, patient/family responses, medication dispensed or prescribed, procedures, treatments, and other data in medical record.
- Communicate test results and follow-up to patient.
- Provide or participates in education of the patient and family by assessing learning needs, formulating a teaching plan and initiating a teaching plan to meet the needs of the patient.
- Assist with assessing patients by phone or walk-ins regarding urgency of appointments.
- Maintain knowledge of available community resources.
- Use all available resources for diagnosis and treatment in an appropriate and cost efficient manner.
- Maintain a clean, safe and efficient unit environment for patients, visitors and staff.
- Participate in performance improvement processes as established by CCHC, the Joint Commission, UDS, CMS, NCQA or the BPHC including peer review process.
- Participate in the quarterly review of patient health records to determine whether clinic policies and procedures and other required policies and procedures are followed, and whether community needs are being met.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the clinic’s policies and procedures.
- Completes all other assigned projects and duties.
Experience: A minimum of five years’ experience including working in chronic care including a minimum of one year independent practitioner experience required.
Education: Graduate of accredited ARNP Program. Master’s Degree required, if NP has not obtained Medicaid number before January 2002.
Requirements: Valid Iowa ARNP license and Nurse Practitioner Certification. Eligibility for credentialing and privileging.
To apply please submit resumes to Human Resources, resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
Pre-employment drug testing and background check required.