Crescent Community Health Center opened its doors in October of 2006. Founded by a group of dedicated board members, made up of the community who identified the need for primary medical and dental care for under served populations. Since then, Crescent has been providing primary and preventative care to the members of our community.
- Opened the Dr. John Viner Community Garden in 2010 for patients and neighborhood residents to grow their own produce, which supplements their food budgets.
- Added Care Coordination to Patient Care team.
- Opened the Wellness Center.
- Received the Patient-Centered Medical Home recognition from the National Center of Quality Assurance in 2013, currently re-applying.
- Adopted electronic medical records.
- Received the Iowa Pharmacy Association Award as the Community Champion.
- Added a Health Coach to the Wellness Center.
- Added behavioral health services in collaboration with Hillcrest Community Mental Health.
- Expanded access by adding providers to see additional patients.
- 17,796 Clinic Visits in 2016
- 6,263 Patients Served in 2016
- 1,663 Children Served in 2016
- 185 Veterans Served in 2016
View more of our impact.