RN Nursing Supervisor
Essential Role: Coordinates nursing staff to ensure that effective patient care services are provided and quality standards are met in collaboration with the Clinic Manager. Assists in implementing evidence based guidelines to ensure safe and appropriate assessment, screening, processing and referral of the patient or caller inquiring via the phone or walk-in triage system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs all job functions according to the mission and values of Crescent.
- Guides and supports nurses and works with clinic manager to implement protocols/ polices
- Point person for nursing specific issues that come up in the clinical setting (utilizing clinic manager prn).
- Establishes and implements clinical guidelines for treatment of conditions
- Ensures nursing competencies are complete and work is performed according to policies, guidelines and scope of practice.
- Assists in hiring and conducting clinical on-boarding with as well as performance management of nursing staff.
- Serves as a medical staff mentor, assists with new hire orientation.
- Assist triage nurse with complex patients/coordinate care throughout clinical setting, as well as callbacks and triage.
- Float into different roles (triage, rooming, etc.) if short staffed and cover lunch breaks for nursing staff.
- Assist in rooming patients to allow care teams to get caught up on paperwork on a prn basis
- Participate in board huddles and lead board huddles if clinic manager not available
- Is the initial and main point of contact for after-hours and critical lab values, ensuring the patient and provider are notified of results and directed appropriately within one hour of call.
- Develops, reviews and updates clinic policies and treatment guidelines annually and on-going as determined by Administrative staff, PI Committee and the Board of Directors
- Attend Performance Improvement, Pharmacy and Therapeutics and Management Team meetings as directed.
- Coordinates nursing student externship and volunteers for clinical opportunities as requested and appropriate in collaboration with the Clinic Manager.
- Encourages on-going education through journal review and case studies with application of EBP.
- Demonstrate hands on competencies to complete all nursing duties within the department and assist as needed
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a RN
- Minimum of three years of experience working in an ambulatory practice demonstrating progressive responsibility
- Iowa nursing or Nurse Practitioner license
- BLS certification
- Experience with quality improvement practices
To apply please submit resumes to email@example.com, resume will be accepted until the position is filled.
Pre-employment drug testing and background check required.