Mission Advancement & Community Relations Director (Full-time; 32 hours per week)
Role: Under the general supervision of the Chief Executive Officer and in collaboration with other members of the Administrative Team and the CCHC Board of Directors, the Mission Advancement & Community Relations Director is responsible for creating, implementing and evaluating a successful mission advancement, community relations and development plan for Crescent. S/he must be able to adapt to a continually evolving environment and thrive in an autonomous and deadline-oriented workplace.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive development and fundraising plan which includes short, medium and long term measurable objectives for increasing support for CCHC according to specific benchmarks;
- Develop visibility within the community as a representative of CCHC that includes storytelling to make the CCHC mission come to life;
- As an advocate for CCHC, build relationships with current and future donors by cultivating an increase in donations;
- Utilize strong interpersonal skills to identify and maintain key relationships with community and professional contacts;
- Increase the numbers of donors, both individuals, foundations and businesses, and the amounts donated to the endowment and for non-endowed funds;
- Seek grant funding sources which match the mission and vision of Crescent Community Health Center in order to sustain current programs and the development of new programs and services;
- Collaborate with department managers, CFO and the Executive Director in planning new programs/services;
- Assist the Executive Director with grant writing and reports related to grants awarded;
- Manage donor information through the current software program or recommended software;
- Create and initiate the annual donor appeal information by October 1 of each year;
- Develop a cohort of volunteers to assist with the implementation of a signature annual fundraising event for Crescent;
- Manage the development budget to stay within guidelines;
- Participate in the implementation of the mission, vision and values throughout the organization;
- Member of the executive management team with authority to respond to emergency/crisis situations that need immediate action; and
- Assist the Executive Director with any other development activities as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, marketing, communications from an accredited college or university;
- A minimum of three year’s demonstrated successful experiences establishing and improving donor relations resulting in increased contributions;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in written and oral communications with staff, Board, donors, patients and the public;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, fundraising software, website and social media management; and
- A valid driver’s license, verification of personal auto insurance and the ability to become an authorized driver as detailed in the driver authorization procedures.
If interested, submit a resume and cover letter to Mary Jo Kenneally. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
Please note that pre-employment drug screening and background check are required.