Medical/Dental Coder (full-time)
NATURE AND SCOPE: Complete charges of professional services provided by clinic providers both Medical and Dental
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Run daily reports to verify that all patient visits have superbills associated with them.
- Code patient services for clinic providers in compliance with Medicare, CPT and ICD-10 guidelines, performing chart audits where necessary.
- Enter coded charges into billing system.
- Assist the nursing staff, ancillary departments, and business office staff by answering questions and providing them with information to assist them in correct coding and billing procedures.
- Assist the billing specialist in the correction of insurance denials.
- Review invoices received from outsourced facilities, and verifies these charges have been entered into the billing system.
- Run monthly reports to verify all charges are billed.
- Identify new procedure codes entered and assist in the setup of these codes in the billing system.
- Participate in educational activities and audits.
Experience: Minimum of one year of medical/dental coding experience
Education: Medical coding certificate, and is a RHIT (registered health information technician), CPC (certified professional coder) by American Academy of Professional Coders or has an AHIMA license and meets state licensure requirements
Other Skills: CPT coding, ICD-10 coding
To apply please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org, resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
Pre-employment drug testing and background check required.