Dental Hygienist (part-time Wednesday and Thursday 8:00 am – 1:00 [Stonehill] and Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm [Clinic]
Role: Provides oral hygiene services and treatment to patients of all ages. Participates in assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of oral health care. Provides professional dental hygiene leadership through compliance with established routines, policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides clinical services including but not limited to: oral prophylaxis, instruction for proper home care techniques for oral hygiene including tooth brushing, flossing, nutrition and need for professional care; apply topical fluorides and sealants; screen and evaluate clients regarding caries detection, periodontal pathology; assess medical history; operate digital radiography equipment; supra and sub gingival scaling and curettage; root planning; procedures involving team periodontal techniques; administration of local anesthetics; gross debridement in treatment of acute periodontal conditions.
- Provides dental education and instruction to clients individually and/or in groups.
- Assists dentist as required in treatment of teeth and gums.
- Uses all available resources in diagnosis and treatment in an appropriate and cost efficient manner.
- Maintains electronic clinical records and maintains other records regarding services provided, supplies and materials used.
- Participates in development of dental policies, procedures, dental record, and quality improvement plan.
- Maintains, uses, processes, and stores instruments, supplies, and equipment according to established standards.
- Participates in ensuring professional education for self and staff to maintain the highest level of expertise.
- Maintains positive relationships with other professionals within the community.
Experience: Five years’ experience required
Education: Graduate of accredited school of dental hygiene. Licensed to practice in Iowa.
Requirements: Current State of Iowa dental hygiene license/registration. Certified for anesthesia and Nitrous.
Must be qualified to become an authorized driver in accordance with driver authorization guidelines.
Pre-employment drug screening and background check required.
If you are interested in joining a mission driven non-profit that truly makes a difference in people’s lives, submit a resume with salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 21, 2017.