Dental Assistant (full-time)
Role: Assists the dentist and dental hygienist in care and treatment of patients of all ages with maximum concern and respect for the patient.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the dentist and dental hygienist in chair-side procedures routinely done in general dental practice.
- Performs clinical supportive functions including but not limited to: preparing patient for dental procedures; taking and recording blood pressure; documenting medical and dental history; exposing, developing and mounting x-rays; performing lab procedures; collecting and labeling specimens; cleaning and setting up dental units.
- Prepares and sets up instruments, materials and equipment necessary for each procedure and breaks down supplies after case completed.
- Provides postoperative instruction as directed by the dentist or dental hygienist.
- Prepares, cleans and sterilizes instruments; cleans and maintains equipment; cleans and maintains operatory and work areas.
- Orders supplies and materials, maintains and documents inventory of supplies and materials.
- Back-up assessment for emergency patients if the rover is detained.
- Schedules patients when needed; provides reception; performs clerical/computer duties as needed, including correspondence with patients; assists with completion of billing, insurance forms, and patient records; unpacks supplies, completes Release of Information when needed, etc.
- Uses all available resources in an appropriate and cost efficient manner.
- Must keep clinical and other records regarding services provided, supplies and materials intact and organized.
Experience: One-year experience preferred
Education: High school diploma graduate or equivalent. Graduate of accredited dental assisting program.
Requirements: Must be a registered dental assistant.
Pre-employment drug screening and background check required.
If you are interested in joining a mission driven non-profit that truly makes a difference in people’s lives, submit a resume with salary expectations to email@example.com by July 21, 2017.
- 17,796 Clinic Visits in 2016
- 6,263 Patients Served in 2016
- 1,663 Children Served in 2016
- 185 Veterans Served in 2016
View more of our impact.