Role: Assist the dentist and dental hygienist in care and treatment of patients of all ages with maximum concern and respect for the patient in accordance with Iowa registration or certification.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all job functions according to CCHC mission and values.
- Assist the dentist and dental hygienist in chair-side procedures routinely done in general dental practice.
- Primarily maintain flow of dentist and hygiene schedules, through tear down/set up processes with proper infection control procedures.
- Maintain positive patient/staff relations including but not limited to greeting respectfully and professionally; maintain a calming atmosphere for patients/staff to minimize anxieties; and maintain patient privacy through professional communication.
- Perform clinical supportive functions including but not limited to: preparing patient for dental procedures; taking and recording blood pressure; documenting medical and dental history; exposing, developing and mounting x-rays; performing lab procedures; collecting and labeling specimens; cleaning and setting up dental units; following all standards of infection control.
- Prepare and set up instruments, materials and equipment necessary for each procedure and break down supplies after case completed.
- Provide postoperative instruction as directed by the dentist or dental hygienist.
- Prepare, clean and sterilize instruments; clean and maintain equipment; clean and maintain operatory and work areas.
- Schedule patients when needed; provide reception; perform clerical/computer duties as needed, including correspondence with patients; assist with completion of billing, insurance forms, and patient records; unpack supplies, completes Release of Information when needed, etc.
- Successfully completes initial and biennial competency testing.
- Abide by all CCHC, federal and state requirements.
- Use all available resources in an appropriate and cost efficient manner.
- Document in clinical and other records regarding services provided, supplies and materials used.
- Maintain and care for equipment in accordance to manufacturers maintenance schedules.
Experience: One-year experience required.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent. Graduate of accredited dental assisting program and current Iowa registration or certification and CPR, Basic Life Support accreditation.
Requirements: Must be a registered dental assistant.
To apply please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org, resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
Pre-employment drug testing and background check required.