CMA (part-time Monday and Tuesday regular schedule + additional float day 18 to 27 hours per week
Role: Assists in the delivery of primary health care services and client care management in a fast-paced office setting. Under the supervision of the medical provider, participates in providing health promotion, health maintenance and illness management.
- Performs all job functions according to the mission and values of CCHC
- Prepares patients for provider office visit, greets and escorts patient to the exam room
- Obtains patient’s vitals, updates the patient’s medical history, medications and allergies
- Documents all information in chart in an accurate, thorough and timely manner
- Explains procedures that may/will be performed
- Draws, prepares and administers injections per provider order and clinical standing orders
- Collects and prepares specimens according to approved policies
- Performs Point of Care testing accurately and according to clinical policies
- Draws and prepares lab specimens for in-house and contract labs and distributes them in a timely manner
- Prepares exam and treatment rooms for patients and provider
- Cleans and sterilizes all equipment and exam rooms according to OSHA and blood born pathogen guidelines
- Distributes and explains educational materials to the patient as directed by the provider
- Assists the patient with referrals and scheduling for follow-up appointments
- Tracks labs, x-rays, referrals ordered by providers and critical lab testing results
- Communicates test results to patient as directed by the provider and per standing orders
- Maintains a safe, clean, efficient and welcoming environment for patients and staff
- Assists with monthly inventory/ordering of medical supplies
- Performs routine clerical, reception and medical records tasks as needed
- Tracks quality indicators, if requested
- Successfully completes initial and biennial competency testing for the specific position
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program and current certification required. A minimum of two years’ work experience in a medical office setting preferred.
To apply please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org, resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
Pre-employment drug testing and background check required.