Chief Executive Officer
The CEO is responsible for the overall operations of the Community Health Center, the creation and/or application of policies, providing support to the board of directors, and providing liaison between the board and the center staff. The CEO, with the board chair, empowers the board to fulfill its governance function of the Crescent Community Health Center. The CEO is committed to providing inspiring and effective leadership while administering, directing and coordinating all activities of the center toward the fulfillment of the center’s values, mission, strategy, and the achievement of its annual goals and objectives. The CEO is responsible for engaging the community and building partnerships that support the centers mission.
• Master’s degree in Health Care Administration, Master’s in Public Health or similar degree and a minimum of five years’ progressively responsible management experience in a health care operation required.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to form constructive and effective relationships with patients, colleagues and partners.
• The ability to assist with the collection and interpretation of health care data.
• Strong visionary leadership and strategic planning skills; good understanding of quality metrics.
• Knowledgeable of Federally Qualified Health Centers operations.
• Knowledge of accreditation standards for managed care organizations, e.g. Joint Commission, NCQA, and Federal, State and local requirements for FQHC and managed care organizations.
About Crescent Community Health Center
Crescent Community Health Center opened its doors in October of 2006. Founded by a dedicated board of directors, made up of members of the community who identified the need for primary medical and dental care for underserved populations. Since then, Crescent has been providing primary and preventative medical and dental care to the members of our community, serving more than 6,400 patients last year. Crescent’s mission is to provide high-quality, respectful and affordable medical and dental care to improve the health and well-being of our community.
Crescent has been recognized for quality and its patient focused approach year after year by the Iowa Primary Care Association, the Alliance for Integrated Medication Management, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Service, and received the Health Center Quality Leader Award in 2017 & 2018 from the Health Resources & Services Administration.
In 2015 the Board identified the need for an expanded facility and completed necessary facility and feasibility studies to develop a plan for an expansion from its current 15,000 square foot location to a nearby 25,000 square foot location in the neighborhood. Today, that project is underway, and in Summer 2019, Crescent Community Health Center will move into its new location. Learn more about Crescent Community Health Center by visiting www.crescentchc.org.
About Dubuque, Iowa
Recognized as an All-American City, Dubuque is thriving with a population of nearly 60,000, a county population of just over 97,000, and a regional population of over 339,000. It is the center for retail, healthcare, education, employment, and entertainment for the tri-state area of Illinois, Wisconsin, and Iowa. Yet commuting is hassle-free, and we remain one of the safest communities in the country. The greater Dubuque area embraces diversity and takes pride in being a sustainable community that is viable, livable, and equitable.
To apply please PDF cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 31, 2018.
Pre-employment drug testing and background check required.